What is SEO ?
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is the process of getting traffic from “free”, “organic”, “editorial” or natural listings on search engines. SEO helps to improve the visibility of a website by incorporating search engine friendly elements into it. In simple words, All you should do on your website to see your website on first pages of search engine’s result pages.
Most web visitors are busy and they do not have time to go through different web pages to find their require goods and services. They usually use Google, Bing, Yahoo, or other search engines to find they needs. As a website owner it would be really nice if people could find your website (Goods or Services) before others without digging more. Most people click on the first links on lists. Do not forget! SEO is not just one time process. You need to work on your optimization daily.
How to optimize your website and get the best result on search engines?
- Get a domain with your keyword phrase. It is one of the most important things you should do.
- The question is easy but the answer is a little bit complicated. You as a website owner should know how to share and posts on your website and what key words should be used. Other than that some processes should be done on your website and in most cases lots of programming changes should be accomplished.
- Here are a list of primary changes which should be done on your website:
- Be sure to have a well written and unique content on your website. Each business has some keywords. Try to make efficient sentences with those keywords. Do not forget “fresh content always help improve your web ranking”.
- Pay attention to your page titles. Use the ones which attract people the most.
- Make links to your website and within your website and use keyword phrases. Do not use “Click here” or “Click”, use actual keywords. Improve your web content. This is how people will put your web link on theirs.
- You get NOTHING from paid links except a few links and it means it is a temporary solution for you to get more traffic on your website.
- Almost use title tag and Meta data for your posts and content on your website. It is a great help for search engines to find you easily.
- Use caption with your images. For instance if you want to share an image on your website user “alt” to describe your image.
- Google has several services to analyze and advertise on other websites. One of its nice services is called “Google Analytics”. This is how you can monitor your website activity and make a connection to Google.
- Use caption for your videos by using “Alt” on them. Just like images you should introduce your video to search engines.
- Sitemap.xml and robot.txt are two useful files which can help you to optimize your website. There are many online tools which you can use them to generate them. Be careful when you are using meta robot because some lines of coding can affect your website and withhold pages, folders, or images. The screaming frog spider tool gives useful report of your website.
- Do your site pages exist at www.example.com and example.com. If it does not work, you need to create a permanent 301 redirect. You need to direct all non-www to the www pages. Search engines do not like two version of the same content.
- Google webmaster tool is an online tool to monitor your website and fixed its problems. It can give you duplicate title elements.
- Verify your website on the most famous search engines like Google, Being, and Yahoo.
- Connect your website to the social media. You can link your website to Facebook, Google+, Twitter, MySpace, and LinkedIn.
- Always update your website and put useful and popular content on it. People are looking for new subjects all the time.
- Ask other people for links to your website. More links more traffic. If you can, try to get links from .edu and .gov sites.
- It is recommended to put your keyword phrase in the first paragraph and increase your key word font size.
- Link your major images. Most people use to click on images and it means it can help improve your web traffic.
- Use flash for non-important pieces of a page and also use alternative tag for them.
- Try to keep your pages to the root of your website.
- Meta tags and Meta Keywords are important to be created.
- Avoid registering your website with non-famous host. Always get your service from the best service providers. I use “Dreamhost” and I recommend it to you. (Link to Dreamhost)
Three useful online tools to find your website issues:
How can I help you to improve your website?
It is time to improve your website and get better result on online search engines. As I mentioned before you need to optimize your website frequenly. I can check out your website and list all your major web issues. I will fixed all of them step by step based on their priorities. Contact me and let me know if you think your website does not get a good ranking on search engines.